Thursday, March 5, 2020

Waitt, Wait, Wait!!!




I don't know about you, but I have run out in front of God like a kid running out in front of his parents into the street too many times to count and have the scars to prove it. My running out in front of God has resulted in me getting hit by life unexpectedly many times. It is easy to blame it on God saying, "Why did you allow/cause this to happen?" instead of "What are you wanting me to learn from this?"

Look at what Jesus says about this in John 10.
2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Are you following His voice today or are you trying to lead God into what you think is best?

Prayer for today: Lord, forgive me for not being content or willing to follow you instead of trying to lead you. Thank you for being the good shepherd that was even willing to lay down your life for me. I pray Lord, that you would help me to be led by you, to wait upon your leading, to seek to follow you, and that I would slow down enough to listen for your still small voice to guide me. I thank you that you are able to protect me from the enemy of my soul who only desires to steal, kill, and destroy whereas you have come that I may have life and have it abundantly. Let me follow you today into abundant life. In Jesus Christ Name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts