I was challenged to define the essentials of discipleship. What would you say are the essential elements of discipleship. These were what I thought would be effective goals for all discipleship relationships:
- Learn how to walk in intimacy with Christ in the everyday part of life.
- Learn to love and appreciate the goodness and beauty of God
- Grow in humility and dependance as a sinful man before a holy and gracious God.
- I have too much pridefulness to help others grow in humility.
- I am not consistent enough in my walk to help someone else.
- I don't know who I should disciple.
- I don't know where to begin or how to get started.
I am reminded of 1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.